The incumbent serves as a regional field supervisor supervising the quality control and plant sanitation surveys and the inspection, grading, and sampling of butter, cheese, nonfat dry milk, and other dairy products in an assigned area of responsibility.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates the adequacy and efficiency of the current grading program.
- Ascertains necessary changes in operations and personnel to effect economical and efficient service.
- Determines whether contractors are complying fully with sanitary and processing requirements when this is ascertainable only by observations and study of the processing operations.
- Ensure compliance of work performed by graders, samplers, and other licensees supervised to Standards.
- Manage customer relationships and resolve issues between customers and internal resources.
- Reviews the work reports issued by inspectors and graders to insure uniformity and accuracy in the preparation of these reports.
- Assists with instructing trainees in the proper inspection, grading and sampling techniques by giving on-the-job instruction and training.
- Oversees the functioning and day-to-day management of a variety of administrative systems such as WebTA, Concur/Travel and program information systems.
- Works with management, administrative officer, and other administrative staff as needed to gain resolutions for administrative issues.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel 50% or less for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584728100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.