SummaryThis position is part of the Office of the Secretary of Interior, OCIO, Cybersecurity Division. The incumbent provides leadership in the Department of the Interior's (DOI) Enterprise Incident Management and Cyber Incident Response capabilities and interfaces with external agencies and internal Bureau/Office security teams for Incident Response functions. The incumbent also performs the role of Incident Commander during critical Cybersecurity incidents that impact DOI.Learn more about this agency
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs.
- Develops policies, plans, and procedures to ensure the continued reliability, security and accessibility of systems, network, and data infrastructure.
- Leads departmental deployment of security systems technologies for a variety of administrative, financial, technical and security applications; and provides authoritative input on all matters pertaining to security services.
- Promotes the awareness of cybersecurity issues ensuring sound security principles and assures appropriate project and resource integration are documented and justified.
- Translates strategic plans and technical guidance into objectives, strategies, and architectural guidance to support IT information security services.
- Ensures critical mission systems are in compliance and consistent with the Department's IT Security Program and enhance interoperability and integration for business applications and IT infrastructure.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584716800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.