The first initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be December 2, 2020, with subsequent reviews every two (2) weeks as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filled.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in the Business Developmental Service Line performing support work related to the care and treatment given to the patients of this facility.
The Medical Support Assistant performs as an initial point of contact for the Units, Clinics, Call Centers, Care in the Community (CITC) support staff and other support services within the facility. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, canceling, rescheduling patient appointments and or consults;
- Tracking, reviewing and responding to electronic orders consults and other elements in the electronic medical record/systems;
- Entering no-show information;
- Monitoring the electronic wait list;
- Preparing for clinic visits;
- Monitoring patient appointments for areas of responsibility;
- Verifying and updating demographics and insurance information.
Work Schedule: Weekdays 6:00 am to 5:30 pm, flexible hours, & possible weekends.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584709800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.