*This announcement open period has been extended*Learn more about this agency
This Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist position is located at the Cheyenne VA Healthcare System in Cheyenne, WY. This employee will report to the chief of Radiology while performing a variety of radiology tasks within their assigned duty section.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews requests or instructions from radiologist or physicians then independently carries out the requests as needed
- Explains procedures, positions, patients for desired results, and cushion and shield patients as appropriate, uses left and right markers to correctly identify body parts
- Maintains electronic records and files of patient exams and performs clerical and file room duties related to patient care
- Practices contamination containment and isolation techniques to protect himself/herself as well as patients
- Constantly monitors all equipment brought into the MRI environment to ensure it is MRI safe or MRI compatible
- Participates in MRI safety committee quarterly meetings, and ensures annual MRI safety training of hospital employees, i.e.: ED, RN, Police, RT, Pharmacy, Imaging staff, etc. Monitors QA phantom and follows ACR Guidelines for quality control
- Prioritizes exams in a manner so as to optimize scanner times while maintaining flexibility for emergent cases and notifies the Radiologist of scans requiring their immediate attention
- Prepares contrast materials that are used in CT angiography and other exams and reviews patient history and questionnaire for contraindications
- Checks inventory of all CT contrast supplies and related materials
- Works independently, but under the guidance of the Radiologist and/or supervisor
- Ensures productivity is maintained at the established level for the program for which he/she is responsible
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting (15-44 lbs), light carrying (under 15 lbs), straight pulling (up to 1 hour), pulling hand over hand (up to 1 hour), pushing (up to 1 hour), reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking (up to 8 hours), standing (up to 2 hours), kneeling (up to 1 hour), repeated bending (up to 4 hours), ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable to 13" to 16" Jaeger 1to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other, depth perception, ability to distinguish basic colors, ability to distinguish shade of colors, hearing (aid permitted), hearing without aid, working closely with others, working alone and protracted or irregular hours of work.
This announcement is open to all US citizens: both internal applicants (current, permanent Federal employees) and external applicants (all US citizens), will be referred separately. The consideration order is as follows:
Consideration for internal applicants will be made in the following order (facility employees will receive first consideration), where evidence suggests that the area of consideration is not expected to produce at least three qualified candidates, it may be expanded into the next area of consideration:
1. Facility Applicants
2. VA Nationwide Applicants
3. Other permanent Federal agency Applicants
*Please NOTE: If you are applying as an internal applicant- it is REQUIRED that you submit a copy of your most recent SF-50 (non award) to verify your employment.
Consideration for external applicants will be made in the following order:
- Referred in unranked order
In accordance with OFFICE OF THE CHIEF HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICER (OCHCO) BULLETIN- Annual Determination of Staffing Shortages dated 10/08/2020 - 09/30/2021
*Please NOTE: If you are applying as a veteran applicant- is it REQUIRED that you submit a copy of your DD-214 that shows your character of discharge, as well as your VA disability rating letter (if applicable) to verify your preference.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584700100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.