This position is located in the Infrastructure Operations (IO), National Data Center Operations and Logistics (NDCOL), Datacenter Facilities Management. The General Engineer (GE) will be performing his/her duties under the Chief of Facilities.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- Cybersecurity code : 803
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is Not a Virtual Position
Position Description Title/PD#: General Engineer/ 14235-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: Most work is sedentary. However, there is often a requirement for moderate physical exertion such as walking on uneven or rough surfaces, standing for long periods of time, bending, carrying light tools, climbing ladders, and similar activities related to full inspection of construction and maintenance activities. The employee must be able to lift a thirty (30) pound load without difficulty.
- Oversee, direct, and administer the program, including, but not limited to strategic planning, budget, project development, design, construction, repair/rehab, and maintenance for the building and site; also, project development, design, implementation, evaluation, close-out, and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) duties (i.e. assist in the technical monitoring or administration of a contract) as assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates proposals from architects, engineers, and managers, and advises on the adequacy and suitability for use in new and existing facilities.
- Oversees, directs, and administers the development, production, repair/rehab, and maintenance of materials, components, equipment, or other systems and sub-systems of the building automation, energy management, and utility alarm systems, utilizing Direct Digital Control (DOC), analog, electromechanical, pneumatic, and graphical interface technologies at the site.
- Performs work in high-impact critical server rooms, media storage areas, communications centers and other areas with large concentrations of information system components.
- Maintain a stable work environment for critical operations such as: electrical, mechanical, structural, civil, architectural and space planning applications and design for multi-occupant facilities.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584689100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.