The Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) assures that patients and providers have timely and continued access to safe, effective, and high-quality medical devices and safe radiation-emitting products. CDRH facilitates medical devices innovation by advancing regulatory science, providing industry with predictable, consistent, transparent, and efficient regulatory pathways, and assuring consumer confidence in devices marketed in the U.S.Learn more about this agency
- This position(s) is located in the Center for Devices and Radiological Heath (CDRH), Office of Science and Scientific Laboratories (OSEL) in Silver Spring, Maryland. OSEL supports the CDRH mission of protecting and promoting public health.
- As an Interdisciplinary Scientist in OSEL, you will be responsible for:
- The evaluation of device safety, failure, and/or unsatisfactory performance or design limitations using his/her knowledge of scientific and/or principles and performance parameters and prepares written evaluations with supporting data;
- Presenting seminars and data to the Agency as well as to external institutions and by organizing and participating in Center work groups related to scientific issues, device issues, or guidance and policy development;
- Conducting reviews of manufacturers? pre-market submissions of medical devices in conjunction with product evaluation, guidance development, standard setting, and educational activities;
- Responsible for developing new concepts, hypotheses, and interpretations enabling the team to conduct the experimental and theoretical scientific/scientific investigations required to assess medical devices;
- Interacting with internal and external experts to identify, develop, and disseminate state-of- the-art and consensus practices for the evaluation of medical devices.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584686500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.