This position is located in the USDAs Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one-year probationary period. Category rating, veteran's preference and traditional rating and raking of applicants do not apply to this public notice.
- Supervises and manages staff and budget resources to accomplish organizational cybersecurity strategies, initiatives, programs and projects.
- Leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates, and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with agency or enterprise priorities.
- Advises appropriate senior leadership or Authorizing Official of changes affecting the organization's cybersecurity posture.
- Ensures that appropriate Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) and underpinning contracts have been defined that clearly set out for the customer a description of the service and the measures for monitoring the service.
- Performs needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions.
- Conducts evaluations of an IT program or its individual components, to determine compliance with published standards.
- Reviews service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up.
- Ensures that security improvement actions are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584667700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.