You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Washington, DC Commuting Area in the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) provides global leadership in humanitarian response, promoting human welfare, alleviating suffering, and providing the foundations for transformative change and self-reliance. BHA fulfills USAID’s role as the lead U.S. Government Agency for responding to emergencies and disasters overseas with both food and non-food emergency assistance and providing a holistic approach to USAID’s programming across the spectrum of preparing for, responding to, mitigating, and preventing disasters.
As a Supervisory Program Specialist, your duties will include the following:
- Serving as a key member of a leadership team responsible for three or more Divisions that supervise a group of employees performing work at the GS-09 to GS-15 and FS-02 to FS-01 grade levels;
- Providing technical leadership and management supervision and technical advice necessary for accomplishing the work of three or more Divisions;
- Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff members that are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system;
- Developing strategies for planning and developing major Agency humanitarian assistance programs of national and international scope and impact; and
- Managing Office and Bureau level development of procedures, systems, and guidance to enable robust Agency emergency response capability through BHA.
Occasional travel - Travel may vary depending on each bureau's or office's needs but will not exceed 25% of the incumbent's time.
15 - The full performance level of this position is the GS-15 grade level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584659400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.