The Science, Technology Assessment, and Analytics (STAA) Innovation Lab (Lab) is looking for an inspired, talented individual to support the Lab's Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and support development of prototypes across a variety of emerging technologies—such as distributed ledger (blockchain), Internet of Things (IoT), robotic process automation (RPA), virtual/augmented realities, cloud services, and 5G technologies.Learn more about this agency
- Operationalize Innovation Lab’s FISMA-moderate posture and help safeguard data, access, and services from cybersecurity risks.
- Apply best practices in DevSecOps to configure, integrate, containerize, orchestrate, and harden open-source, web, and cloud-based services, tools, and other computational resources within established information security boundaries.
- Evaluate options and support prototyping efforts across the innovation lifecycle on emerging technologies such as distributed ledger (blockchain), IoT, RPA and other machine learning systems, virtual/augmented realities, and 5G technologies.
- Collaborate with outside experts for foresights into emerging technologies and how they may impact oversight work in near-term, medium-term, and long-term horizons.
- Support identification of change management needs to successfully integrate innovative emerging technologies.
- Author or contribute contents for publication, review GAO products for supportable conclusions regarding sound methodological practices, and provide presentations to both internal GAO customers and external customers such as Congressional staff.
- Identify deficiencies in problem statements, proposed approaches, and/or data access issues which are significant to the design, development, execution, and reporting out of emerging technologies pilots of the Innovation Lab.
- Support the Assistant Director for Emerging Technologies in developing, defining, and driving GAO’s strategy with regard to the exploration and deployment of emerging technologies for improved or novel business outcomes.
- Expands GAO’s prototyping capabilities through a rigorous process of problem definition, ideation, review, revision, and execution to determine the most promising solutions and approaches.
Occasional travel - .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584655900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.