This announcement is to recruit for Nuclear Materials Courier positions for the future Candidate Training Academies. Applicants who currently hold an active Top Secret or Q clearance could have their appointment time expedited.
Applicants hired in: Amarillo TX, pay will be set between $51,731-$75,740
Go to this link for more information on Courier positions. https://fmt.kcnsc.doe.gov/OSTfederalagent/Learn more about this agency
In accordance with 5, Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 410.309(a) any employee selected for training exceeding e.g.,180 hours must sign a written agreement to continue his/her employment with DOE. This continued service agreement (CSA) is required when:
(1) Training involves particularly high cost or other unusual factors, and the required service period (one year) may be extended by the Head of the DOE element or designated official with the concurrence of the servicing human resources office.
(2) A participant who fails to fulfill the terms of a continued service agreement is required to reimburse DOE for the percentage of the agreement not completed. However, the Head of the DOE element or designated official may waive the element’s right of recovery with concurrence of the servicing human resources office.
As a Nuclear Materials Courier, you
- Serve as a member of a highly specialized armed protective force that is responsible for the safe and secure transportation of classified and/or hazardous materials including nuclear weapons, components, test assemblies, and strategic quantities of weapons-grade special nuclear materials. This involves the operation of Government-owned motor vehicles, including tractor-trailers.
- Integrate many processes and methods in the fields of security; health and safety; emergency management; and law enforcement, including tactical operations to respond to a multitude of possible natural and/or man-made threats to the safety and security of sensitive, dangerous, and extremely valuable cargo.
- Participate in security planning prior to trip departures; assess multiple issues and factors related to shipment security during convoy operations; coordinate with other Federal, state or local law enforcement agencies and first responders concerning the investigation of potential criminal or terrorist acts or activities that could be considered a threat to the mission.
- Will be armed to provide the force necessary, up to and including the use of deadly force, to prevent theft, sabotage or takeover by unauthorized persons or groups. Respond quickly and effectively to environmental, resource, and safety and security issues that may arise unexpectedly in the course of mission operations.
75% or less - Convoy Operations/Training away from home station
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584638700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.