The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, Landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native American, Alaska Natives and affiliated Islanders.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary, Office of Communications located in Washington, DC.
At the full performance level GS-13 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Write, edit and post original, high-quality daily content for Interiors' social media platforms.
2. Monitor and facilitate discussions on social media account with the goal of community engagement.
3. Manage and maintain editorial calendars.
4. Monitor trends, track analytics and make informed decisions for new content features.
5. Create digital content for Interior's website, such as blogs.
6. Ensure digital content meets accessibility standards, policy and legal requirements.
The Office of the Secretary has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework with supervisor approval.
GS-12 $86,335-$112, 240 per annum.
GS-13 $102,663-$133,465 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as OS-1000-21-WL-023(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584625800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.