This position is located in the Ukrainian Service of the Voice of America. The incumbent serves as an International Broadcaster, responsible for reporting, writing, editing and producing content for TV and digital platforms, including anchoring live and pre-recorded TV programs and segments, serving as a video journalist to produce broadcast-ready TV and video packages; preparing and publishing on-line multimedia reports; and engaging target audience using social media.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Producing original content and adapting VOA News Center's production, available wire reports, and other news source material.
- Curating crowd-sourced materials to add context and value to multimedia content to publications and programs across platforms.
- Generating story ideas and follows through on them.
- Traveling as needed to cover key events.
- Serving as a presenter or reporter in VOA programs.
- Translating material and voicing over video packages.
- Initiating and conducting original on-camera interviews with a wide variety of subjects and news sources.
- Using multimedia journalism to cover news events and feature stories of particular interest to target audience. Material is highly targeted and of competitive quality equal to any commercial broadcast medium.
- Producing/creating complex original TV or online reports focusing on wide range of issues of interest to target audience.
- Identifying compelling aspects of a story and synthesizes multiple sources of information, including but not limited to original research and field interviews with VIP newsmakers, officials and experts in the target area, the US and Europe.
- Monitoring incoming wires, news and video feeds to identify relevant information and update the online content or programming materials.
- Using social media tools and networks to source and verify news and information.
- Engaging audience on all digital media platforms in communication relevant to VOA Ukrainian service's mission.
- Editing news reports, in-depth background reports, interviews and other materials originated by VOA broadcasters.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with team members, VOA/USAGM colleagues and with groups of individuals providing information or interviews for programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584621800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.