This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration and is located in the Office of the Commissioner, Office of the Chief Scientist, Office of Laboratory Safety (OLS) which is responsible for developing, centralizing, standardizing, and implementing policies; planning, directing, managing, and evaluating activities for these programs; and implementing best practices across the FDA.Learn more about this agency
- Provide management and guidance to the FDA's broad scope Radiation Safety Program, informing and interpreting applicable regulations, and recommending the adoption or implementation of specific policies and procedures.
- Participate as a lecturer in the Office's training program for users of radiation sources.
- Conduct evaluations of multi-disciplined research operations to identify hazards associated with chemical, biological, and radiological activities and industrial operations and develops appropriate corrective measures.
- Oversee training of individuals as well as work towards harmonizing training among the FDA's radiation programs, informing users of safety procedures and techniques, and conducting refresher training as required.
- Act as a consultant in the design and conduct of experiments using radiation sources to ensure that exposures to personnel are maintained as low as reasonably achievable.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584604200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.