The Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Specialty Crops Inspection (SCI) Division is responsible for developing U.S. grade standards and providing inspection, grading, certification, and audit-based services nation-wide on a user-fee basis for fresh and processed fruits and vegetables and related products.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- Selects representative samples from the product lots in accordance with prescribed sampling and plans.
- Inspects products to determine the quality, condition, and/or compliance with U.S. Grade Standards or stated contract specifications.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports related to production data and grading results.
- Makes observations to determine if plant facilities, operating methods, processing equipment and personnel are in compliance with SCI sanitation requirements and FDA regulations.
- Observes the raw product material to establish the suitability for processing and advises plant management of the results.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584601000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.