This position is located in the Office of the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E),Office of the Secretary of Defense. The Office is established by statute and the Director, with status and duties comparable to an Assistant Secretary of Defense, prescribes policy for and reports directly to the Secretary of Defense and the Congress on matters pertaining to Operational Test and Evaluation and Live Fire Test and Evaluation within the Department of Defense (DOD).Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Director for Air Warfare is the principal advisor and assistant to the Director on all OT&E matters relating to major DOD air warfare systems, and major defense acquisition programs, including the assessment of test adequacy. The responsibilities of the incumbent in this position are equivalent to a Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense. Major duties required under 10 USC §139 include but are not limited to:
- Provides expert advice to the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation on all matters related to air warfare, including but not limited to: Center of Counter Measures, aircraft, aircraft related sensors, communications, fire control, aviation delivered weapon systems, command and control systems, and oversight of the Director's operational test and evaluation resources.
- Addresses, resolves, and advises on major issues related to operational test. Within the Director's guidance, the incumbent is delegated authority to make crucial; planning, testing, manning, and resource decisions and commitments.
- Responsible to comply with requests from Congress (or any committee of either House of Congress)for information relating to operational test and evaluation in the Department of Defense.
- Develops, oversees, and enforces DOD Component/agency policy, systems, and standards for the administration and management of operational test and evaluation.
- Reviews major defense acquisition programs, nominates programs to be placed on DOT&E oversight and recommends, once testing is complete or no longer necessary, for removal from oversight.
- Monitors and reviews all operational test and evaluation in the Department of Defense for matters relating approximately 80 Air Warfare major defense acquisition programs valued over $2 Trillion.
- Coordinates and oversees operational testing for major defense acquisition programs relating to air warfare.
- Integrates Cybersecurity assessment into OT&E in order to test and assess software and networks for functionality and to improve system lethality.
- Monitors and reviews the live fire testing activities of the Department of Defense.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation on all budgetary and financial matters relating to operational test and evaluation, including operational test facilities and equipment, in the Department of Defense.
- Prepares planning and programmatic portions of an annual report on DOD operational test activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584581000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.