This position is located in the Office of the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E),Office of the Secretary of Defense. The Office is established by statute and the Director, with status and duties comparable to an Assistant Secretary of Defense, prescribes policy for and reports directly to the Secretary of Defense and the Congress on matters pertaining to Operational Test and Evaluation and Live Fire Test and Evaluation within the Department of Defense (DOD).Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Director for Naval Warfare is the principal advisor and assistant to the Director on all OT&E matters relating to major DoD Naval Warfare systems, including the assessment of test adequacy. Major duties required under 10 USC §139 include but are not limited to:
- Provides expert advice to the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation on all matters related to naval warfare, including but not limited to: ships, submarines and all related sensors, communications, fire control, weapon systems, Joint Test and Evaluation, and oversight of the Director's operational test and evaluation resources.
- Addresses, resolves, and advises on major issues related to operational test. Within the Director's guidance, the incumbent is delegated authority to make crucial; planning, testing, manning, and resource decisions and commitments.
- Develops, oversees, and enforces DOD Component/agency policy, systems, and standards for the administration and management of operational test and evaluation.
- Monitor and review all operational test and evaluation in the Department of Defense for matters relating approximately 50 Naval Warfare major defense acquisition programs valued at $1.2 Trillion.
- Coordinate and oversee operational testing for major defense acquisition programs relating to naval warfare.
- Integrates Cybersecurity assessment into OT&E in order to test and assess software and networks for functionality and to improve system lethality.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation on all budgetary and financial matters relating to operational test and evaluation, including operational test facilities and equipment, in the Department of Defense.
- Provides detailed reports, status, and projections for matters relating to resources, facilities, and levels of funding.
- Prepares planning and programmatic portions of annual report on DOD operational test activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584577600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.