This position is located in the Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, Office of Defense Trade Controls Policy (PM/DTCP). The Office of Defense Trade Controls Policy provides oversight for a wide range of defense trade issues.Learn more about this agency
- Influences the development and implementation of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Identify changes that need to be made to the ITAR by independently gathering data from various sources, monitoring developments associated with the international export control regimes and foreign governments’ implementation of export controls.
- Recognized expert within the Department on the development of U.S. policies on defense trade in the areas of responsibility assigned to them.
- Identify and collect data relevant to their area of expertise and make recommendations to management based on an analysis of this data and experience related with the development and implementation of U.S. export control policy.
- Represents the office in a variety of settings, including interagency working groups and discussions with foreign governments and non-governmental entities.
Occasional travel - May require domestic and/or international travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584504100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.