In this position, you will serve as the Officer-In-Charge at an Specialty Crops Inspection Division area office that has the responsibility for carrying out SCI Division programs, including grading, inspection, certification, and audit-based activities covering fresh and processed fruits and vegetables and related products; and supervising office activities and personnel.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and evaluates fruits and vegetables and related products grading for correctness and accuracy.
- Grades and inspects a multitude of fruits and vegetables and related products.
- Accurately completes paperwork in established timeframes.
- Completes assigned inspection duties according to instructions
- Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work.
- Anticipates and takes steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations.
- Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and opportunities to learn.
- Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs.
- Fosters and inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584466200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.