The Statistical Programmer is a member of the Center's Data Management Section under the Chief of Data Management and will function as a SAS (primary) Programmer with duties that involve SQL coding and script writing. The Statistical Programmer has expertise and serves as the automation programmer and technical data processing support, responsible for providing comprehensive statistical SAS/SQL/Other programming and data management to clinical study project teams and upper management.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Available, as determined by agency policy
Virtual: Not a virtual position
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Statistician, GS-1530-11/12, 689-02331-A/689-02332-A
Promotion Potential: If selected you may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
- Develops SAS programs to support data management and statistical data analysis for clinical trials that involve collecting and validating human subject data over potentially long periods of time.
- Develops SAS programs to be used as part of a larger system to support multiple clinical trials.
- Designs and implements SAS and SQL databases to support data quality monitoring and statistical analysis of clinical trial data.
- Provides Study Team(s) and other SAS Programmers documentation on efficient coding and testing procedures and implementation of specific programming techniques.
- Provides training and guidance to users in the use and maintenance of in-house developed data processing systems.
- Determines techniques used to facilitate transfer of data between SAS and other software packages running on different computing platforms.
- Develops automated procedures for data processing and report production.
- Develops benchmarks for use by other SAS Programmers and applications developers in evaluating the accuracy of test plans and test data.
- Updates, tests and evaluates software releases and ensure that all software related initiatives are executed in conformance with appropriate policies and standards.
- Organizes and maintains system documentation in compliance with department Standard Operating Procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584399300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.