This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA Application Sustainment Branch (SEL84) in Whitehall, OH.
- Principal technical authority prepares and presents cogent and cohesive analyses and briefings advising DoD and DISA management leadership on new technological developments, techniques, and enhancements.
- Guidelines used are very general and require considerable interpretation and/or adaptation to issues
- Serves as principal technical authority and lead specialist with responsibility to ensure effective, economical, and advanced technical management of customer networking requirements for assigned systems and applications;
- Defines and executes the total breadth of network operations of an activity to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of the organization's LAN/WAN;
- Serves on applications development teams to ensure network requirements are addressed during the systems development process from translation of functional requirements through systems testing;
- Develops, interprets, plans and applies policy, process, procedure and strategy in the delivery of multi-discipline IT networking services required to achieve data and system integration/interoperability for assigned systems and applications.
- Applies expert technical knowledge and skill to include enterprise and local network architecture, infrastructure, and standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584391200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.