PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), which reports to the Deputy Commissioner for Finance and Administration, Bureau of the Fiscal Service. The incumbent is a Public Affairs Specialist who develops communication plans and provides external relations with print, broadcast, and social media.
As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Monitor social media issues affecting the bureau, and implement social media methods and techniques to achieve communication goals as part of efforts to develop communications plans and solutions to improve bureau communications.
- Serve as a Fiscal Service media on-the-record spokesperson under the supervision and direction of branch manager, deputy director, and director.
- Develop and foster effective working relationships and conduct outreach with major print, broadcast and web-based media reporters, writers and bloggers, including those in the financial press to further Fiscal Service goals for bureau programs.
- Lead media events, campaigns, interviews, and tapings with the objective of garnering positive, fair and accurate news coverage.
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to media inquiries and coordinate responses with assistant commissioners, program staff, and the Office of the Chief Counsel.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 to 5 times per year.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584379100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.