You will serve as a SUPERVISORY NUCLEAR ENGINEER or SUPERVISORY HEALTH PHYSICIST in the Radiological Emergency Planning Department, Radiological Control Office of PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF.Learn more about this agency
A Cost-of-Living-Allowance (COLA) of 10.28% will be added to the stated salary. COLA is subject to change at any time.
- You will prepare for, prevent and respond to, and recover from major radiological emergencies.
- You will prepare radiological emergency plans to assure protection of Shipyard workers and the general public, coordinating with Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters (NAVSEA HQ), and state and local governments.
- You will exercise administrative and technical supervision over subordinates for radilogical emergency planning work.
- You will develop overall Shipyard emergency planning for potential radiological emergencies, including nuclear reactor plant, equipment, and transportation accidents involving reactor fuel, reactor plant components, or radioactive material.
- You will develop technical radiological statements for release to news media during emergency conditions.
- You will prepare and negotiate support agreements for coordinated response action, and provide appropriate training for outside agencies and facilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584375400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.