This position is located in the Russian Service of the Voice of America. The incumbent serves as a Multi-media International Broadcaster (TV/Online) with responsibility for producing and editing content for the Service's live and recorded TV/OTT programs, as well as reporting for multiple online platforms, including social media.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy has been amended to add the Russian language fluency requirement.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Service Chief and other editors to conceive, develop and implement major program projects and new approaches to programming with the focus on development of innovative television programs.
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region to ensure the competitiveness of multi-media programming in the marketplace.
- Serves as the producer/editor of live and recorded TV/Online shows in charge of their content and production elements. Puts together, gives final read, and operates rundowns for TV studio-originated shows - live and pre-recorded.
- Supervises selection of all visual materials including opens, closers, bumpers, roll-in packages, graphics and Chyron information, set design, graphic look, music selection, anchor selection, and live and pre-taped elements of assigned productions.
- Coordinates production elements in a timely fashion. Assigns writer producers and segment producers to edit rooms.
- Edits audio and video broadcast segments, including stringer reports, as well as accurately translates in both Russian and English.
- Uses social media tools and networks to source and verify news and information, and to engage Russian speaking audiences in communication relevant to VOA Russian service's mission.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with team members, VOA colleagues and with groups of individuals providing information or interviews for programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584307800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.