About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdfLearn more about this agency
These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used when under a Temporary Appointment. All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total.
- Serves as the project engineer and Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) in responsible charge of construction contract administration, and performance in the assigned program/project office.
- Reviews project plans and specifications for familiarity and use, participating in pre-work conferences with contractor to inform them of field construction requirements.
- Maintains surveillance over the layout of work from established base lines and benchmarks indicated on drawings, and the operations necessary for quantity surveys. Responsible for detailed survey control required for successful project completion.
- Directs inspection of construction operations for compliance with intent of design and specifications.
- Exercises authority to establish detailed field inspection requirements, schedule, and contract methods.
- Interprets contract specifications for area of field construction, including enforcement of legal compliance with rules and regulations of host government, and country-to-country agreements.
- Directs the contractor in preparation of periodic pay estimate data, reviewing for accuracy of placement shown, and submitting for processing.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584220600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.