About the Position: This Position is for Supervisory Contract Specialist, Division Chief for Army Contracting Command.Learn more about this agency
FIRST CUT-OFF: December 18 2020
Additional selections will be made from this announcement on an as needed basis as identified by management.
- Serve as Division Chief to provide direction/guidance through subordinate supervisors to professional, technical, and support personnel engaged in all aspects of a highly complex defense acquisition program.
- Support Agency Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Program ensuring principles are reflected in aspects of personnel management.
- Assign work while establishing priorities based on workload and skillset.
- Evaluate performance of subordinates to give advice and counsel on both work and administrative matters, to include career growth and development.
- Interview/recommend selections for positions, promotions, and reassignments.
- Serve as a member of the pay pool management in assessing contribution and preparing statements of duties and experience.
- Develop positive working relationships with higher level senior leaders, both internal and external.
- Communicate schedules to ensure work is organized and meets established deadline.
- Ensure subordinates properly analyze and apply contracting rules, regulations and procedures.
- Plan and execute budgets.
- Exercise responsibility in the application of contract and procurement laws, rules and regulations.
- Interpret contracting/rules from Federal, Department of Defense and Department of the Army to ensure compliance of agency contracting functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to up to 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584200000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.