This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) (USD(C)) reporting directly to the USD(C)/Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Department of Defense (DoD). The Director, Human Capital and Resource Management serves as the principal advisor and assistant to the USD(C)/CFO in managing the DoD-wide financial management workforce development as well as the financial and human resources and operational processes of the OUSD(C).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent manages and directs a professional staff that provides a full range of support to the DoD Financial Management Workforce and provides administrative support to OUSD(C) management in the following areas:
- Assures that organizational management processes support USD(C)'s efforts to foster a culture that unifies the workforce in support of its strategic goals. The incumbent brings to bear experience that enhances employee effectiveness and productivity, builds consensus through employee involvement in administrative processes/policies, and reflects consideration of "best practices" in management.
- Leads a support organization that puts services to the USD(C) staff as its top priority. Communicates all policies and processes in an open and clear manner. Stresses rapid and effective support to the OUSD(C) staff that is engaged in analysis that influences decision making at the highest levels of the Department. Provides multiple avenues for staff input and feedback on systems and process. Continually strives for process improvement while effectively managing change to minimize turmoil.
- Oversees planning, formulating, justifying, and executing the OUSD(C) organizational budget in accordance with the DoD FYDP/PPBE process and Federal, DoD, and WHS policy, instructions, and laws; overseeing, managing, and/or providing expert advice on all OUSD(C) acquisitions to ensure acquisition strategies are aligned with federal and DoD policy and OUSD(C) mission objectives result in most efficient use of organizational funds, and associated service contracts are effectively and appropriately managed; developing and administering internal management controls of the resource
management and acquisition processes in OUSD(C). Develops organizational spend plans; presents senior leadership with alternative courses of action.
- Oversees the efforts of staff in acquiring service contracts in support of the OUSD(C) mission. Identifies and interprets relevant policies, laws/regulations, conducts requirements analyses, develops and executes acquisition strategies, reviews statements of work, identifies performance measures, creates cost estimates, and completes other required documents. Ensures service contracts are administered in accordance with policy and reviews OUSD(C) acquisition documents for compliance with federal, DoD, and local guidance. Serves on the OUSD(C) Contract Review Board (CRB). Oversees the OUSD(C) compliance with Service Requirements Review Board guidance.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of Human Capital management (SES, GS, military) to include: recruitment, retention, training and development, monetary and honorary awards, performance management, and physical and personnel security.
- Oversees the OUSD(C) Records and Information Management (RIM) program. Ensures records management practice are in compliance with National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) records policies and procedures.
- Manages OUSD(C)'s continuity of operations (COOP) plans, policies and programs. Works closely with OUSD(C) and DoD leadership in developing plans and identifying systems, data, and processes required to support OUSD(C) needs, consistent with DoD plans and policies. Responsible for preparation of alternate facilities, operation of a training program and coordination of contingency operations. Responsible for ensuring that the OUSD(C) has an Emergency Response Group which is trained and ready (through participation in recurring exercises).
- Leads the Financial Workforce Management Office and serve as the Department's Functional Community Manager (FCM) for approximately 60,000 financial managers.
- Engages and advocates on DoD FM Workforce issues and initiatives with congressional committees to ensure legislative authorities are enacted to support FM workforce programs.
- Develops strategy and policy guidance for DoD financial management workforce programs including the DoD Financial Management Certification Program and its supporting Learning Management System (LMS) for the DoD financial workforce.
- Oversees FM workforce/development programs (FM STARS rotational developmental assignment program, the FM automated Individual Development Plan (IDP) tool, the virtual instructor-led training program, etc.).
- Serves as DoD-wide FM Functional community manager responsible for the development and revalidation of FM competencies and the periodic assessment of FM workforce competency skill gaps.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584182000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.