The incumbent will serve as an auditor to the Office of Inspector General, (OIG), reporting to the Assistant Inspector General for Auditing (AIGA) in support of the Office of Audit. This is a key position and part of the Office of Audit. The incumbent will contribute to complex audit activities in the assessment of management and conduct of AbilityOne administered or financed programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an auditor in the conduct of audits involving highly sensitive programs, operations, and Commission actions
- Provide support to plan, organize, and direct the operations of assigned audit activities
- Support senior auditors and on audit program needs related to policy, procedures and systems related to the Agency's audit process and Agency-wide long range audit planning
- Provide audit advice, policy interpretation, and technical assistance as requested or directed
- Draft memoranda and other documents relative to procedural policy or audit issues related to actions/assignments
- Participate in presenting, discussing, and defending the analysis of the policies, facts, and audit involved in the action/activity and argues in support of the particular recommendation being made with a view toward securing the advice or concurrence of the other interested parties and/or OIG senior staff.
- Assist in the development, monitoring, and oversight in all components of the contractor process, as needed
- Follows policies and procedures that are consistent with the intent of the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, also known as the Yellow Book, to provide a framework for conducting high quality audits with competence, integrity, objectivity, and independence
- Draft responses to questions and inquiries on matters of audit, procedure, or policy relative to the OIG audit program, policies, and/or on-going actions/activities from agency staff, stakeholders, other federal agencies, and the public
- Participates with the planning and managing work of the audit office, set goals, establish priorities, and determine scope and milestones of projects and assignments
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584115700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.