About the Position: This is a Temporary Promotion not to exceed one year position. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years and may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
- In this position you will serve as an Engineer or Scientist for the US Army Combat Capabilities Dev CMD, Chemical and Biological Center Engineering Directorate at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- Responsible for managing complex technical programs or projects important to optimizing operational performance, reliability and sustainment of Center products and systems.
- Work involves systems and program analysis of new equipment, material, projects, or processes that significantly applies to the Chemical Biological (CB) product acquisition life-cycle.
- Formulates and conducts a systematic Research and Development approach to a problem area of considerable scope and complexity typically requiring a series of comprehensive and conceptually related phases and studies.
- Formulates and develops new methods and techniques to carry out investigations in areas where precedents are scanty, inappropriate or nonexistent.
- Develops complex methodologies or results that are of such scope and impact as to require attentions of others in the field.
- Serves as Research and Development lead and authority across the CB Defense Program Enterprise through invited requests to serve as a subject matter expert by government, academic, and industrial organizations.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates. Sets and adjusts short-term priorities. Prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Develops performance standards and evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Gives advice or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters. Interviews candidates for positions. Hears and resolves complaints.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584087800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.