Who may apply: This announcement is only open to current permanent DFAS employees and eligible PPPP military spouses.Learn more about this agency
Position is located in Information and Technology Directorate, ZTCFD, Enterprise Systems Division in DFAS-Columbus, OH. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Coordinates maintenance and support activities of major finance and/or accounting automated information systems with IT specialists, project managers, and functional users to ensure system adequacy and efficiency.
- Briefs management on strategies to be used to exploit and implement new developments and advanced techniques in the area of software development, design, and maintenance.
- Provides technical guidance with technical proposals; and the analysis, design, testing, debugging, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of software and systems.
- Coordinates maintenance and support activities of a major finance and/or accounting automated information system with IT specialists, project managers, and functional users to ensure system adequacy and efficiency.
- Performs studies to monitor and improve or enhance a major finance and/or accounting automated information system.
- Ensures delivered products meet user needs and system requirements.
- Identifies and formulates plans to resolve problems by applying new and evolving techniques and technology.
- Respond to customer inquiries and reports concerning system issues and new functional needs.
- Evaluate security systems for compliance with established security policies and procedures.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584011000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.