About the Position: This position will serve as a Public Affairs Specialist, with a focus on social media for Defense Health Agency.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a public affairs specialist, performing and coordinating a wide variety of public affairs duties and functions. Performs duties associated with the Military Health System and Defense Health Agency
- Researches and identifies appropriate mediums and venues for delivery of critical information to the target audiences and is responsible for gathering feedback, conducting user research and advising the Director.
- Assists in developing and implementing long-range social media communications and issues specific social media communications plans and responds to social media inquiries, issues, and misperceptions found in various military web sites.
- Assists in the development of enterprise communication plans addressing controversial and sensitive issues as well as senior DHA leadership initiatives.
- Incorporates diverse functions and issues, serves numerous distinct and specialized audiences and responds rapidly, correctly, and under crisis conditions, to changing demands
- This position supports the mission of the Communications Division, which serves as a special staff element reporting directly to the Deputy Director of the Defense Health Agency.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584009800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.