About the Position: The position is in the Contracting Division with the Omaha District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The office is located in Omaha NE.Learn more about this agency
- Duties include managing all aspects of the functional area of contract management for a variety of contracts which frequently require special handling or other specialized terms and conditions.
- Incumbent has full authority and responsibility to execute any or all procurement phases of the projects to which assigned, from complete procurement planning to final award and post-award administration of the resultant contracts.
- The national scope and effect of the program involved require incumbent to interface with senior leadership within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and as well as within other federal agencies.
- Incumbent must possess professional knowledge of procurement concepts, principles and practices sufficient to exercise sound judgment in order to be able to coordinate with technical and professional staff.
- May include performance of pre-award and post-award contingency contracting functions, such as a deployable member of the Omaha District Roofing Planning and Response Team.
- Incumbent acts as an independent contracting officer with potentially up to unlimited authority to obligate the government.
- Decisions made by the incumbent have considerable impact on the successful execution of programs of a national nature.
- Serves as a warranted Contracting Officer in one of Contracting Division?s branches and is responsible for pre-award and post-award functions involving complex, highly specialized, centrally managed programs of significant importance.
Occasional travel - You may be Temporary Travel Duty (TDY) will not exceed 10%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584007200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.