This position is located in the Threshold Programs Division (THP) of the Department of Policy and Evaluation, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-11/12, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4c/4b which is generally equal to GS-11/12.
As a Policy Officer you will perform a variety of assignments to support the overall management of Threshold Programs and the operation of country teams in the development and implementation of specific threshold programs. You will:
- Support country teams in the development and implementation of THP under the direction of the team leader and in coordination with a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts from within MCC and external consultants.
- Coordinate the activities of members to ensure timely achievement of program milestones, such as analyses, project designs, investment memos, board approvals; signings, disbursement requests, procurements, program reviews, and closeouts.
- Provide technical and logistical support for team meetings, country missions, management reviews, and special events, working with other MCC divisions or country counterparts as needed.
- Compile complex and highly technical information from country teams to prepare timelines, implementation plans, budgets, reports, and narrative and statistical materials needed for on-going division planning and program monitoring and evaluation.
- Direct the procurement and management of external consultants and service providers necessary for country and division needs, including liaising with contracts and grants management staff and acting as a contracting officer's representative, as needed.
- Draft briefing papers, talking points, and background materials on threshold countries and current and closed Threshold Programs.
- Contribute to MCC knowledge management and sharing by designing, developing and implementing systems (and databases) to organize, consolidate and share data used to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements and maintain a library of documents specific to country projects.
- Ensure that requests for information and data are tracked and completed and that documentation is published, updated, organized and distributed as required.
- Coordinate logistical preparations for travel to threshold countries, to include the production of briefing books, background papers, briefers, remarks, talking points, and other documents as required.
- Monitor trends and best practices in development and brings them to the attention of appropriate MCC staff.
- Represent MCC at meetings with other U.S. Government agencies, donors, and the development community.
- Ensure that the external THP website and pages, as well as intranet site, are accurate and up to date.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583996400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.