You will serve as the Executive Director, Systems Acquisition Group, at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD), Patuxent River, Maryland. You will be responsible for the technical and acquisition products, staffing, prioritization of critical program and mission support, and barrier removal to enhance quality and speed of response in support of our acquisition and fleet customers. This position is a direct report to the Executive Director, NAWCAD, who serves as an SES (Tier 3).Learn more about this agency
- You will have full authority, responsibility, and accountability for the management and technical performance for the Systems Acquisition Group in support of all naval aviation acquisition and in-service support programs.
- You will be responsible for systems/human systems engineering, systems logistics, and program management products and associated cost analyses, resolving organizational interface and technical cognizant issues arising internally and externally.
- You will interpret/implement DoD engineering/logistics program policies and provide technical direction/guidance in their application to the development/procurement of naval airborne weapons systems and related subsystems, equipment and components.
- You will participate on executive management boards that are involved in the conduct and shaping of NAVAIR and the Command's interactions with other agencies and echelons within the Navy.
- You will provide workforce resources necessary to support program requirements with Program Executive Officers and their Program Managers to ensure adequate staffing and proper engineering and acquisition talent.
- You will manage a workforce of 126 direct reports and oversee the people, processes, and facilities for approximately 68 military, 1087 civilian, and 422 contractor personnel located at geographically dispersed locations.
- You will oversee an annual budget of approximately $185.6 million, influencing over $56 billion dollars in Department of the Navy (DON) investments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583952800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.