You will serve as the Executive Director, Air Systems Group (ASG), within the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) at Patuxent River, Maryland. You will be responsible for executing major NAWCAD mission functions for all aspects of research, development, and logistics of airframes, subsystems and power and propulsion systems, to include several laboratory and test facilities. This position is a direct report to the Executive Director, NAWCAD, who serves as an SES (Tier 3).Learn more about this agency
- You will work in collaboration with the other NAWCAD Executives to leverage resources and personnel across all domains to ensure that full life-cycle engineering is provided to support naval aviation acquisition programs.
- You will ensure that NAWCAD is providing advanced technical expertise to meet acquisition program engineering needs and Fleet readiness and sustainment goals in alignment with the Fleet Readiness Centers (FRCs).
- You will be the principal Department of the Navy (DON) authority for air vehicle and propulsion/power systems engineering matters and related technologies.
- You will be responsible for establishing airworthiness criteria and ensuring that the air vehicles acquired will perform as expected and meet the exacting standards of flight safety.
- You will be responsible for providing engineering support to program managers and providing in-service engineering support to the Fleet.
- You will manage a workforce of 14 direct reports and oversee the people, processes, and facilities for approximately 20 military, 1200 civilian, and 100 contractor personnel located primarily at Patuxent River as well as other dispersed locations.
- You will oversee a program budget that reflects an annual budget of approximately $250 million, influencing over $10 billion in DON investments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583950900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.