About the Position: Serves as a Marine Cargo Specialist, responsible for cargo stowage planning, overseeing/monitoring, stowing and loading. Planning and loading operations are complex, involving the transshipment of hazardous cargo. Assignments cover a variety of terminal locations and pertain to a number of ships operating on different schedules. Assures that proper actions are taken to protect the interest of the government and compliance by the Contractor with regard to contract provisions.Learn more about this agency
- Perform complex cargo stowage planning
- Oversee/monitor the stowing, loading, planning and discharge of cargo including hazardous cargo aboard vessels.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and instructions to nontechnical specialist concerning difficult assignments and problems encountered to assure successful execution of functions.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and instruction to nontechnical specialists to assure successful execution of functions.
- Independently revise and finalize stowage plans consistent with space allocations.
- Inspect ships' cargo holds for required cleanliness and conditions prior to and after loading/discharge operations and ensure correction of inadequacies.
- Oversee contractor operations in physical loading, stowage, trimming and discharge of cargo.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583943400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.