This position is part of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency. DSCA's mission is to advance U.S. national security and foreign policy interests by building the capacity of foreign security forces to respond to shared challenges. DSCA leads the broader U.S. security cooperation enterprise in its efforts to train, educate, advise, and equip foreign partners. DSCA administers security cooperation programs that support U.S. policy interests and objectives.Learn more about this agency
As a Protocol Specialist at the GS-0301-12/13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as the Agency Protocol Officer, with full responsibility for planning, evaluating, developing, coordinating, and personally overseeing all aspects of the protocol program.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) the incumbent is responsible for providing advice, guidance, and assistance on all protocol, customs, courtesies, and proper etiquette for official visits by high-level U.S. and foreign dignitaries to include meetings, events, ceremonies, and social engagements.
- Analyzes and evaluates the planning of all official/social functions and events.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures, event guides, and country-specific customs guides for Agency and sub-Component use to facilitate event planning and routine engagement.
- Maintains and manages the acquisition, storage, accountability and use of all protocol support equipment, to include country-specific, service-specific flags and pins, linens, tableware, U.S. nostalgia, and a substantial inventory of special event dinnerware and perishables.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583928200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.