About the Position: Serves as the Librarian responsible for providing Metadata Management and Cataloging, Statistical Trends and Data Analysis, and supporting acquisition and licensing of purchased resources for US Army Combined Arms Center, The Army University Learning Systems Division.Learn more about this agency
- As a Librarian, you will perform the following list of duties, which are not all inclusive:
- Plan, evaluate, organize, document, and manage processes to create and capture metadata to establish authority control for print and electronic library resources.
- Serves as the organizational authority for establishing and revising cataloging, classification, and indexing policies.
- Perform a full range of cataloging activities in a variety of formats.
- Coordinate the acquisitions and/or cataloging operations of a large size library collections.
- Determine training needs and methods of instructions within consortium members of the library.
- Collaborate with other to provide consultation and liaison services.
- Obtain and maintain current expertise (cataloging/metadata) via professional literature, webinars, monitoring throughout the rating period.
- Lead and facilitate discussions with the Cataloging Working Group to identify and address challenges and concerns during migration and implementation
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583901600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.