The auditor position is located in the Finance Service and performs systemic financially based audits, surveys, reviews, studies, analysis and evaluations of the financial operations, internal controls and procedures at Columbia VA Health Care System.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs internal audits/functional reviews of local financial management, agent cashier, payroll, personal funds of patients, accounting, voucher audit and general post funds. Related audits include, but are not limited to, the quarterly unannounced audit of agent cashier, purchase cards, accounts receivable controls, Columbia VA HCS transit benefit program, fund control points, resident timekeeping, part time physicians timekeeping/documents, focus reviews in preparation for external audits (IG, MQAS or Deloitte & Touche) or for evaluating program compliance, grant and per diem program requirements/audits. Serves as the point of contact and coordinates and provides responses on all FMS quality assurance activities with IG (Comprehensive Assessment Program); MQAS-Austin (Management Quality Assurance Systems); VA independent auditors (Deloitte & Touche) and VISN 7 Quality Assurance auditor.
- Performs financially based audits by examining accounts, internal controls and financial records for the purpose of certifying or attesting that the financial statements fairly represent the financial position as of a predetermined date; and to conduct activities related to the detection of fraud, waste, and abuse. Examines and tests operational records and controls to obtain sufficient and reliable evidence of financial system reliability. Adapts audit methods and techniques to solve a variety of problems and issues that occur. Prepares audit reports and recommendations based upon findings.
- Performs a variety of duties to carry out, administer, or advised on facility financial work concerned with assuring the quality of work transactions, business processes, and delivery of services needed to carry out federal government programs and functions. In addition, the incumbent provides training with regard to financial processes including internal controls.
- Develops and/or modifies audit methods to utilize in given audit situations. Conducts audits of complex internal operating programs; designs and/or modifies methods used to track and ensure reliable financial records, identifies areas of fraud, waste, and abuse, and recommends corrective actions. Gathers information about the function scheduled for audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (subject to change based on agency needs)
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD009740
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - May require occasional travel to clinics and outlying divisions
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583816800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.