This position is located in the Bureau of Administration, Information Services Branch, (A/GIS/IPS/LIBR/IS) performing developmental duties providing comprehensive reference andLearn more about this agency
related research advice, training, publicity, collection management and information retrieval Library services in support of the Department’s foreign policy mission requirements.
- Develops the ability to analyze, evaluate and recommend the most effective search strategies and methods for researching information resources that include books, newspapers and journals, databases and other electronic content.
- Responds to a wide range of requests for information received by the Library's Information Desk, as well as to other requests received via email, telephone and in writing.
- Provides scheduled and impromptu specialized instruction and guidance to patrons regarding their use of the Library's catalogs, database and other holdings.
- Analyzes and evaluates the Library's holdings for their strengths, weaknesses and trends, and recommend potential new resources in all formats for their inclusion in the Department Library.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Library's online research guides and compiles customized collections.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583773200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.