***PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO CURRENT PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS (NATIONWIDE) ONLY.***Learn more about this agency
***This position is that of Auditor for all Fiscal service operations, and reports directly to the Chief of Fiscal Service. The incumbent is responsible for a wide range of assignments and oversight including financial integrity, fiscal compliance and function reviews.
Other Auditor responsibilities are as followed:
- Developing procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems; and the accomplishment, evaluation, and monitoring of audits, or quality assurance reviews or other internal control reviews.
- Evaluates results of audits/quality assurance and forwards actions items to the responsible section/service.
- Monitors the utilization of purchase cards by cardholders in the VA Medical Center and Outreach Center to ensure their use complies with the Department of Veterans Affairs Purchase Card Procedures Guide.
- Responsible for the quality review of credit card purchases for cost center and budget object code accuracy. Ensures appropriate expenditure transfers are processed.
- Performs systematic financial surveys, reviews, and audits of all Orlando VA Healthcare System Services, related program reviews, follow-up audits, and special audits generated by high-level VISN or field management that are in accordance with VHA.
- Performs financial audits by examining accounts, financial records, and financial systems for the purpose of certifying and/or attesting that the financial statements fairly represent the financial position of the organization as of a predetermined date; and to conduct activities related to the detection of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Examines, tests, and samples operational records and controls to obtain sufficient and reliable evidence of financial system reliability.
- Adapts methods and techniques to identify and solve a variety of problems and issues that occur.
- Prepares audit reports with recommended corrective action plans based on audit findings and observations.
- Serve as Facility POC for IPERA (Improper Payment Elimination and Recovery), ICBPR (Internal Control Business Process Reviews) and Statement of Assurance Annual Review.
- Conducts additional financial audits may cover a broad range of subjects including financial information in items and matters such as safeguarding assets, responses to allegations of fraud, responses to congressional requests, and support for investigations of fraud.
- Prepares written reports required by local management, VISN, and central office, reflecting the findings and conditions disclosed as a result of reviews, evaluations, surveys and studies.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD05054O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: NOT Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583731700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.