Due to the Pandemic, and individual states with different phases of reopening, the selectee’s report date to the official duty station/facility may be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. The person selected may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is safe to relocate.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent serves as a senior Field Automation Specialist at an En Route Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC). Works with National Airspace System (NAS) En Route and Oceanic software systems, applying technical automation and air traffic familiarization to resolve software problems, create and maintain the adaptation databases and provide direct support to air traffic operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing required research to identify, analyze, and resolve operational automation discrepancies.
- Developing, maintaining, testing, and modifying the adaptation database to assure that maximum effectiveness is achieved and that data is processed in a precise and timely manner.
- Coordinating with staff at local and other facilities regarding automation decision and activities that affect operations.
- Communicating with other Second Level Engineering (SLE) representatives to manage software and adaptation requirements and to support second level support activities.
- Coordinating air traffic software adaptation changes and requirements with multiple air traffic control facilities, military base operations, airlines and international air traffic control organizations.
You will work independently and will have the authority to make decisions related to the maintenance of adaptation and software systems critical to the safe operation of the NAS
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583630300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.