This position is located in Region 2, State and Private Forestry/Tribal Relations, duty station in Gunnison, CO.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as the Forest Health Protection Group Leader, providing long-range planning, program direction, coordination, evaluation of program activities and staff supervision.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Todd Neel at 406-396-6078 or email@example.com.
- Assist in formulation of policies, programs, and standards for forest insect and disease prevention and/or restoration projects.
- Develop annual and long-term pest management programs for field staff.
- Develop current, effective, environmentally safe, and economically sound forest health protection management alternatives consistent with land management objectives.
- Serve as recognized authority in forest health protection, including forest insect and pathogen detection, evaluation, prevention and control.
- Provide guidance in land management plans and vegetation management projects including inputs for environmental assessments.
- Evaluate actual or potential seriousness of plant disease/infestation using scientific judgement.
- Direct the development of work plans, field staff program of work, staffing plans, budget and/or policies to accomplish program objectives.
- Work with agency research groups, universities and federal/state resource managers to identify information and technology development transfer project opportunities.
- Coordinate planned activities among staff and between various state and federal agencies.
- Document technical assistance concerning forest insects/pathogens in written guidelines which are incorporated into various resource project plans.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend training, meetings, and project related work.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583621900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.