The Urologist provides a variety of services including urology consult/referral review and triage, coordination of urology clinics using the principles of advanced clinical access, pre-operative assessment, operative intervention and post-operative care, and consultative services for other providers within the area of specialization. Also assists in non-urologic surgical cases within scope of practice and credentialing; provides consultation for after hours urologic emergencies, as available.Learn more about this agency
**This announcement has been extended and will do biweekly referrals until filled.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides quality patient-centered care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults age 18-65 and older adults age 65+ within the surgical services urology department.
- Facilitate the delivery of appropriate patient care in collaboration with other health professionals, medical center staff, and management.
- Participates in multidisciplinary activities involving the treatment plan and discharge plans of patients.
- Systematically evaluates patient care programs in all Surgical Services/Urology venues.
- Exhibits leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and finding from research and studies.
- Keeps informed of developments in the management and treatment of diseases and illness through continuing medical education, both formal and informal.
- Demonstrates expertise in diagnosing and treating urologic disorders in multi-symptomatic patients when clinical assignments so dictate.
- Demonstrates skill in implementation of clinical practice guidelines and protocols for patients with complex medical care needs.
- Documents and rates administrative and clinical information in a thorough and accurate manner in the electronic medical record.
- Utilizes problem solving methodologies to resolve problems that impact on patient care or staff performance.
- Plans implements, and evaluates care based on age specific requirements of the patient.
- Develops the initial plan of care and updates the plan, serving as a resource person to less experienced staff, and acts as a leader in developing urology standards of care.
- Makes decisions based on professional standards.
- Assesses veterans by utilizing advanced clinical judgment and physical assessment skills.
- Identifies acute/non-acute/chronic health problems.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 0700-1530
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583583600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.