Serves as a Motor Vehicle Operator in the Ground & Transportation Section, Environmental Services Department, VA Western New York Healthcare System/Buffalo Division in Buffalo, New York. This position is to transport patients for medical appointments using van, wheelchair van, sedans and other appropriate' vehicles.Learn more about this agency
Your duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operates platform, van, stake and dump trucks, passenger shuttle, and cargo vans which have a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 pounds and up to 26,000 pounds;
- Secures, and unloads passengers who may or may not have a disability, their belongings, and any passengers' durable medical equipment, if necessary;
- Prepares trip tickets, maintenance service records and reports of accidents if necessary;
- Maintains its interior and exterior cleanliness, making daily safety inspections of each vehicle used, and notifying the supervisor of any defects in its operation and condition;
- Operates hydraulic dumping mechanisms to unload or spread materials in a dump bed;
- Vehicles may be equipped with a power take off device;
- Maneuvers vehicles over uneven terrain and/or unimproved roads;
- Requires driver's license, with skill in operating vehicles to transport up to 14 passengers Prepares food production worksheets;
- Musts have skill in making judgments as to the safe turning radius, side/overhead clearances, and selecting the appropriate route given the size of the vehicle driven;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 08:00 am - 4:30 pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel, You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583556400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.