What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $47,899 (Step 01) to $62,269 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Caribbean-Florida Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Uses a variety of methods and equipment to collect hydrologic data; stage records for streams, lakes and wells. Makes discharge measurements; runs levels to gages and wells.
- Participates in the construction of a variety of gages and supporting structures under general supervision.
- Identifies and procurements of materials necessary for site repairs and/or assists in construction, development and abandonment of wells.
- Computes and checks discharge measurements computations; computes mean daily gage heights and discharges or downloads electronic data files for computer processing; and computes and compiles daily discharge values.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as incident driver.
Physical Demands: The work regularly requires considerable dexterity, agility, and strenuous physical exertion such as; climbing and/or working from tall ladders and scaffolding; working in areas where footing is treacherous such as slippery or icy river banks, steep rocky terrain, cableways, or fast-moving water; lifting heavy objects weighing 23 kilograms (50 pounds) or more, or crouching or crawling in restricted areas.
Work Environment: Office Conditions do not require special safety precautions; field conditions may include extreme heat or cold, rain or snow; hazardous conditions such as ice or flooding; or exposure to irritant or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel an average of 8 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583554200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.