Open to Agency employees-current permanent VA employees only.Learn more about this agency
Note: this is a re-announcement of CARX-21-10939200-OBe which had to be canceled due to a system error. Those interested need to re-apply to this announcement.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
Cybersecurity codes: 451, 421, 411
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10073A / 10074A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. This division provides 24/7 coverage throughout the calendar year. Incumbent is subject to shift work, rotating shifts and shifts covering weekends and/or holidays.
Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-012. At the GS-11 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and configuration changes in accordance with approved change order policies within the district as it relates to business critical systems.
- Serves as the primary liaison with customer organizations on all IT related matters.
- Plans and coordinates the design, development, testing, installation, and support of new and modified systems, including state-of-the-art security applications; hardware and software.
- Participates as a team or project leader with others in a virtual environment
accountable to the division chief.
- Utilize experience, discretion and judgment in the planning, execution, operation and maintenance of business critical technologies.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583544100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.