You will serve as a Distinguished Scientist or Distinguished Engineer in the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV POINT MUGU.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide recognized senior level expertise to ensure Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS) Dominance.
- You will provide expertise in physics and phenomenology of EMS, Electronic Warfare (EW), Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare (EMW), systems design and employment, EW systems integration, and associated electronic attack techniques, and applications.
- You will stimulate, plan, coordinate, and review the full spectrum of Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation efforts applicable to the development of all EW and EMW technologies.
- You will be responsible for the full range of systems (SYS) engineering processes associated with the life cycle of related EW and EMW programs from concept formulation to Fleet support.
- You will serve as the primary advisor and consultant in the discipline of EW and EMW technology development and the application of advanced EW technologies.
- You will collaborate with the department leadership team, program managers, and external organizations to establish and document strategy that drives science, technology, resources and support necessary to develop requisite technical capabilities.
- You will contribute to fulfill known and projected enabling-technology needs to improve warfighting effectiveness.
- You will fulfill needs pertaining to sensors and surveillance, self-protection countermeasures, electronic attack systems and capabilities, electronic support receivers, directed energy applications, and other related EW and EMW capabilities.
- You will conduct research work and participate in all phases of research, design, development, and sustainment for EW and EMW systems and technology.
- You will provide technical benchmark for all EW and EMW research, design, development, and sustainment by NAVAIR and the NAWCWD.
- You will publish findings in professional technical reports and publications.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583523400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.