About the Position: This position may be filled by temporary promotion, temporary reassignment, or temporary change to lower grade by an Army employee Not-To-Exceed (NTE) 4 Years. This temporary position may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
Current, permanent Army employees selected for temporary promotion, temporary reassignment, or temporary change to lower grade retain placement rights at the end of the position change action.
- Serves as Chief, of the Army Nuclear Power Branch and senior Nuclear Engineer for the Office of the Chief of Engineers (OCE).
- Performs a full range of supervisory personnel management functions, supervising subordinate program managers and cross-functional activities of engineers, scientists, and technicians across USACE Enterprise.
- Provides staff support to the Chief in the management and surveillance of the overall program and also responsible for the development of Army policy related to the planning, management, and execution of the nuclear power program.
- Represents USACE in high level government and non-government meetings with top level scientific and engineering groups to plan, and employ nuclear power for Defense purposes and other Defense activities
- Develops policy and provides technical advice and assistance on nuclear power supporting combat and general engineering, force structure development, contingency planning, contingency basing, and sustainability.
- Determines whether proposals for major expenditures for equipment, facilities, etc., are justified and defends proposals to higher levels of Command.
- Makes recommendations to the Corps of Engineers (CoE) on all mission area issues and resource requirements. Determines resource needs and allocation of resources, and accounts for their effective use for the nuclear program.
- Performs a full range of supervisory personnel management functions and cross-functional activities of engineers, scientists, and technicians across United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Enterprise.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required up to 20% of the time to represent the Corps of Engineers in conferences, meetings and to include presentations involving problems and issues of consequence and importance to nuclear power matters and new power reactor programs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583493400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.