This position is located within the Office of Emergency Management, Office of the Assistant Director, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System Temple, TX. The Emergency Management Specialist performs work to prepare, plan, and strengthen medical emergency management processes for: Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery associated with internal, external, and natural disasters.Learn more about this agency
The major duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and improves the comprehensive emergency management plan (CEMP) to ensure it meets National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) and CEMP requirements which include planning, training, and exercises which build and maintain necessary capabilities to prepare, prevent, protect, mitigate, respond to, and recover from emergency incidents;
- Develops and maintains a current Federal Coordinator Center (FCC) Operations Plan and integrates the FCC plan with state, regional, local and private emergency planning counsels;
- Manages requests for Emergency Management Performance Improvement (EMPI) funds, and provides periodic reports of the implementation of EMPI grant monies;
- Acts as alternate Disaster Emergency Medical Personnel Systems (DEMPS) Coordinator to ensure compliance with and participation in these programs;
- Provides support to leadership related to Emergency Management, serve as subject matter for the Emergency Management Committee and for working groups designated by Executive Leadership Team; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583434700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.