This Registered Nurse position is located in the Community Living Center (CLC) of the Cheyenne Veterans Affairs Medical Center (CHYVAMC) preforming the roles of: Charge Nurse, Medication Administrator and prvides clinical treatment for veterans on the unit.Learn more about this agency
- Follows providers orders and is competent to start and maintain intravenous therapy.
- Provide Veteran Centered Care.
- Maintain competencies and attendance at unit meetings.
- Demonstrate the ICARE Values with internal and external customers of the unit.
- Maintains the daily flow of the unit.
- Creates and issues daily reports.
- Verifies orders.
- Communicates with providers, families and visitors.
- Assigns and supervises the work of licensed practical nurses and certified nurse aids.
- Ensures the flow of the unit meets the clinical requirements and is performed safely to meet quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring artifacts of cultural change promote residents' rights and a home like environment.
- Assigned collateral responsibilities may include infection control, wound monitoring and reporting, staffing methodology, inter-Disciplinary Treatment Team (IDTT) meetings, restorative, reassessment tracking, and/or safe patient handling.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel of up to 25% of the time: May be required for training and/or other work related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583320800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.